Re: kernel 1.3.xx compile problems..

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Andrew Howell wrote:
> Signal 11 errors are often caused by faultly hardware I believe.
>
> Bad motherboard, cpu or RAM.

>>From what I have read in some gcc-list, this often happens when your
memory and/or cache is too slow. Try adding some waitstates (that's the
end of you fast computer :). I had the same thing with an overclocked
486/33 (then at 40). I decided to go back to 33 MHz. No probs anymore.

Maarten

| Maarten Boekhold, Faculty of Electrical Engineering TU Delft,   NL  |
|   boekhold@cindy.et.tudelft.nl boekhold@gopher.library.tudelft.nl   |
|                  Take life as a party!                              |