Re: Kernel 1.3.78 successful compiled

On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, David L. Johnson wrote:
> Stoyan Kenderov wrote:
> >
> > Thanks a lot to the people (Dale Scheetz , David L. Johnson and others)
> > who suggested to make  /usr/include/gnu/types.h
> > a link to /usr/include/linux/types.h
> >
> > This did the job.
> >
> Um, I didn't suggest that, actually.  But I did try it, and found that a simple
> program would no longer compile with that change.  I DO NOT think this is the
> solution.  Too many things break when you do that.  I was able to un-do what
> I did, thankfully.
>
> If someone has a real solution, please post it.

Actually that was the solution suggested by Linus himself on the kernel
mailing list.  The better solution is to upgrade to 1.3.80, which no
longer has this problem.  In other words, you can keep
/usr/include/gnu/types.h the way it is.  The fix was in 1.3.79,
incidentally, but you might as well as upgrade to the newest.

Guy