Re: odd directory

Kenny Wickstrom wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Mar 1996, Susan G. Kleinmann wrote:
>
> > I made an installation of the latest version of Debian Linux on a clean
> > disk.  Now I see a directory that I don't recognize:  /usr/man/fr_FR.88591.
> > Bug or feature?
>
> My guess, a bug.  I looked in /var/lib/dpkg/info and found that netbase
> is the lucky culprit.  It also seems that it created
> /usr/lib/fr_FR.88591.  Peter, is this suppose to happen?

Yes! At least for netbase packages prior to v2.0. These versions had
nls support (only for french). I removed the nls support from netbase
because it's (currently) not compatible with the ELF libraries. I'll
add it again if it works with the recent ELF libraries and if the
nls data files are up to date.

Thanks,

Peter

--
 Peter Tobias                                EMail:
 Fachhochschule Ostfriesland                 tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de