Re: elf & a.out development

> Is this to say that unstable currently supports both ELF and a.out
> development?  And that the development environment for a.out
> is to be dropped as soon as possible?

The "unstable" (1.1) system supports both ELF and a.out development.
However, I doubt that there will be many updates to the a.out packages
once 1.1 is released. The only reason this would happen would be if
people volunteered to maintain them long-term, and I think only a few
people who are stuck with legacy a.out libraries and .o files will
want to do this. There are even some ways to link a.out to ELF (you
have to change the symbol table a bit, and someone else could explain
that better than I).

Thus, I'm not saying a.out support will be dropped - instead I think
it will quickly die of disinterest.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184.5M domestic, $66M overseas and counting.