Re: Sendmail woes

It handles virtual domains much better than sendmail. We are using it
on master.debian.org now. It makes virtual domains very easy to
control. Each user starts out with a virtual domain that starts with
their user name. For example, I can have a bruce-list@debian.org
mailing list simply by adding a .qmail-list file with instructions to
handle bruce-list in my home directory. You add an MX record and one
line to the /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file to point an entire
virtual domain at a user. For example, the virtual domain bugs.debian.org
is being pointed at iwj-bugs-, and then Ian Jackson has .qmail-bugs-postmaster,
.qmail-bugs-debian-bugs, etc. to handle various addresses in that
domain. He can have .qmail-bugs-default catch all of the addresses in
that domain that aren't matched by other files, if he wishes.

That's a very brief explanation. It's better to install qmail and read
all of the manual pages and examples.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184.5M domestic, $66M overseas and counting.