Install Debian from scratch.

I have a Linux box, that I want to install Debian.  It is currently
connect to the Net through an ISP by using SLIP.  It has two harddrives.
And I want to repartition them and create some swap space as well.

I know I need to get the boot, root and base disk from the ftp.debian.org
site.  My question is can I be able to install Debian by ftp after I
install the base system?

Can anyone show me the steps to install Debian Linux from scratch using ftp?

Godfrey
gli@interlog.com