Re: Daylight Savings Time problem

Gerry Jensen wrote:

> Today was the switch for daylight savings time for many of us.  Now, my
> system clock is 1 hour behind.  Setting the time with netdate still keeps
> me 1 hour behind.  What file tells my system my time zone and whether we
> use daylight savings time or not?

The timezone information should have daylight savings in there.  I have, in
previous years, noticed that if the computer is on at the appointed hour, the
change occurs, but is not permanent, and the next time it's booted the time
will be off (even though it knows we're in "daylight savings time").  Maybe
if you were to use GMT on the system clock, it's adjust, but I just set my
system clock ahead to fix it.

--

David L. Johnson         	dlj0@lehigh.edu  dlj0@netaxs.com
Department of Mathematics	http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html