Re: mke2fs and mount problem

Owen LeBlanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk> writes:

> Isn't there still a comment in the source for mount saying that the
> minix default is only temporary until ext2 stabilises?  Some of us
> have been compiling mount with ext2 as the default for a long time,
> and some others may have had such mount commands without realising
> it.

For several util-linux versions, mount has been able to automatically
detect the magic of minix, ext, ext2, xiafs, and iso9660 filesystems.
mount-2.5i also detects High Sierra CD-ROM filesystems.  I'd bet this
works right in the upcoming Debian 1.1 release.

The "default" setting is really meaningless nowadays.

--
Daniel Quinlan          Member of the League for Programming Freedom
quinlan@bucknell.edu