Re: does debian support ibm mwave card

> The IBM company will not release programming details of the mwave
> without a non-disclosure agreement. Thus, no free software can be
> written for it.

Might I suggest that people who have hardware such as this call the company
and complain.  If they refuse to give the details, and you really believe in
the cause, tell them you want to return it and don't take "no" for an answer.
Just keep asking to talk to their boss.  Eventually, you will reach someone
high enough to affect policy.

For now, you will only be able to return the card.  If enough people do it,
though, then the details will eventually be released.  Money talks.

Of course, you have to be willing to make some sacrifices for your cause.

                                        Brian
                               ( bcwhite@verisim.com )