Re: Daylight Savings Time problem

Guy Maor <maor@ece.utexas.edu> writes:

> The zoneinfo file does need to be cleaned up though.  There's a LOT
> of meaningless duplication for example.  Most of it appears to be
> done through hard links though.  I'll put it on my list of "things
> to do when I have time."

The duplicate entries should really be there to make it easier to
configure, shouldn't they?

FWIW, there are 465 files in my /usr/lib/zoneinfo.  359 of them are
unique, according to md5sum.  That means there are only 106
"unnecessary" duplicates, which should all be linked with one of the
originals (and probably are).

There *must* be more important things to do than nitpicking like this.

Dan
--
Daniel Quinlan          Member of the League for Programming Freedom
quinlan@bucknell.edu