Re: New Markets

It would be interesting if dpkg had a generic database of files and where it
thought that they should be placed. This way you could pump generic tar
output into it and it would place the files in their proper Debian-friendly
positions. Perhaps it could keep a database of common configuration files.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv humor vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Hey maybe we could just write a program that would take any tar file and
automagically convert it to a debian friendly installation. Maybe it could
even transcode Win32s on the fly... and make coffee.

--
Ean Schuessler                 -     Director New Products/New Technologies
Novare International, Inc.     -     The unstoppable fist of digital action