Re: distribution of package files in the filesystem

From: Carlos Carvalho <carlos@fisica.ufpr.br>
> I see no drawback in my proposal except that it's not standard
> practice. If there are problems with it please speak up.

I would encourage you to experiment with your own version of dpkg
that included support for this feature. If you can write such a system
and make it automaticaly install the symbolic links so that files appear
in their normal positions, we might consider merging your patch into the
main thread of the dpkg source.

However, please don't expect Ian Jackson or myself to do this for you.
We have several hundred higher-priority items.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
"Excusing bad programming is a shooting offense, no matter _what_ the