Re: PCMCIA works; Allowing suid scripts on laptops?

D> It sucks big time because it breaks old perl scripts I had on my
D> system. I had to rewrite them C wrappers which is quite a trivial
D> exercise, but I just don't like it how the perl maintainer decided
D> on it's own to drop suidperl. I filed a bug report about two weaks
D> ago. I have not heard a word yet.

I have heard that installing suidperl will be an option in the
postinst in the next release.  I can understand the maintainers desire
to be cautious about this feature.  Making it an option seems
reasonable.

For most things like this, you should probably use sudo anyway.

--
Rob