Re: What is "comsat" for?

> Actually, I'm curious as to whether anyone knows of an X program
> that'll use comsat for notifying you of new mail?  All of the ones I
> can find seem to want to check the filesytem, something that would be
> less than optimal for me, since I've got a bazillion folders stuff can
> be filtered into---procmail can send comsat notification, though, if
> something can respond to it.

If I understand your question correctly, there is an easy way to do
this using xbiff.  procmail creates a logfile to keep track of where
is sends all the incoming mail.  You can tell xbiff to watch the
procmail.log files instead of the spool file.  This way any time
procmail finds new mail, it writes to the logfile and xbiff notices
the growth and notifies you fo the new mail.  Then all you need is a
script to scan the logfile and tell you what folder the new mail was
put in.

> Mike.
> --
> "Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."

--Mike

Michael Lederman  <latenite@noc.rutgers.edu>    (908) 445-TDNS or 445-2542
Student Systems Programmer 			Ham Radio: KB2VYG
Rutgers University
Telecommunications Division - Network Services