Re: secure boot/system; was Hardware advice

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Don Gaffney wrote:

> startup script. In fact, I do my en/decrypting on a PC, is there a really
> secure way to do it on a UNIX multiuser system? Is SSH sound enough for this?
> Didn't someone mention they were going to make a Debian SSH package?

Yeah. I did say I was working on a ssh package a while ago. It's almost
done too, but then I still have to sort out the whole mess of encryption
laws and copyrights. Ugh.

But I don't think ssh will do what you want. It makes the pipe to a Unix
system (fairly) secure, but it doesn't make the other system itself any
more trustworthy. An evil person with root permission on the other system
can still spy on you there.

  Christian