Re: NFS trouble

> >> I keep getting the following message when trying to NFS mount any of the
> >> exported filesystems.
> >>
> >> 	mount clntupd_create: RPC: Program not registered
> >>

> >Check that on the nfs server that mountd is running. This one is usually
> >NOT started from inetd but instead is started from one of the rc files

   I realize this is most likely the correct answer, but I will add
another solution just for the sake of completeness. At one point I _did_
have all the correct daemons running (nfsd, mountd), and still came up
with this error. It turned out that I had fiddled around with
/etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny too much and shut off nearly
everything. This generates the same error as not having mountd running.
Wonderfully descriptive :)

                             SJG