RE: Non-existent .deb's

<SNAP ON>

 ----------
From:  Daniel Lynes[SMTP:dbl@eznet.ca]
Sent:  Wednesday, August 21, 1996 9:07 PM
To:  Debian Users
Subject:  Re: Non-existent .deb's

On Thu, 22 Aug 96 00:28 BST, Ian Jackson wrote:

>If you delete the `Packages' files, or fail to download them, dselect
>will offer to scan the .deb files that are actually on your disk.

But, this method does not use the descriptions, or dependency lists,
either.  I kind of like that information, as it allows me to see if I'm
trying to install something I don't have the extra files for.

<SNAP OFF>

I use this method most of time almost because I'm
take my packages in rex who change quickly.
So, my own dependancies are made from the infos
find in deb files. The only I don't have is
the classification of some files because they're
optional and let to the DM but I got all needed
dependancies.

Ciao!
Fab.