Kernel headers

I'm really mazy from kernel headres in Debian distribution. I have installed
libc5, kernel_source and kernel_headers and I have 3 different headers!

I think old Slackware idea (/usr/include/{linux,asm,net} are links to
/usr/src/linux/include/{linux,asm,net}) is more better. I can simly upgrade
kernel_source and not yet libc5 to have same version of kernel headers.

Is any reason why not to use this schema in Debian too?

--
                                     Mirek Ruda