Re: gcc can't find termcap library

Bruce Perens writes:
-> Bruce:
-> > There is no varargs.h in libc5-dev_5.2.18-9 . Maybe older versions
-> > contain it.
->
-> David:
-> > varargs.h is provided by gcc.
->
-> Oops. Never thought of that. Anyway, nothing should use it any longer.

Yeah, well, in a perfect world, nothing would use it.  However,
there's a lot of legacy code out there, and the fact is some of it
does still use varargs. So, while I would strongly discourage the use
of obsolete items like varargs and such, the fact remains, some code
is still written to use them, and if it means that I can compile and
use said programs on my machine with minimal effort, then I will.

-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/