Re: what is -ltk looking for?

It is looking for libtk, the way debian installs tk won't work with just
-ltk, you need -ltk4.0 or -ltk4.1 depending on which version of tk you
have installed (or which version the program you are trying to compile
requires).

Debian does this so you can have multiple versions of tcl and tk on your
computer because some programs require a specific version of tcl or tk.

Hope this helps,

Shaya
--
Shaya Potter