Re: GNU/Linux 1.2, help please!

From: "val.tamarov" <val.tamarov@mci2000.com>
> So I created 50KB partition on drive D as root and I marked it "Bootable",
> 350KB partition as /usr, 52KB partition as swap

Your file /etc/lilo.conf should look like this, given that drive D is on
the first IDE controller (most systems don't have a second IDE controller,
so it probably is).

	boot=/dev/hdb1
	root=/dev/hdb1
	compact
	install=/boot/boot.b
	map=/boot/map
	vga=normal
	delay=20
	image=/vmlinuz
	label=Linux
	read-only

If drive D is on the second IDE controller, that should probably be hdc1,
not hdb1.

Edit your lilo.conf and then run LILO. Then try telling System Commander
to boot the first partition on drive D. If that doesn't work, try this:

	dd if=/boot/mbr.b of=/dev/hdb bs=444 count=1

That will copy the boot block to your D drive, where it won't work but may
provide the required signature.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--