Re: XF86 3.3-3

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Joost Kooij wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Ralph Winslow wrote:
>
> > Christopher Jason Morrone wrote:
> > >

> <snip> [ Problems, "help!" ]
>

> > This also reflects my experience exactly. HELP!!
>
> It works fine for me. I also did an upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 and noticed
> the following:

Well, thats not exactly what I did...I upgraded to Debian 1.3 when it
first came out.  I just now upgraded my X 3.2 to 3.3 when IT came out.

[cut]
> have to do that), have you tried to remove (rename) the old configuration
> files and then run either 'xbase-configure' or 'XF86Setup'? After that you

Yep, tried that.

> can always tweak the new file using parts of the old file (read the new
> docs too before you do this).

Tried that too, somewhat...I'm not doing anything radical in my old
configs.  They are standard XF86Setup stuff.  I ran the new XF86Setup and
things look damn similar to me.

> Good luck,
>
> Joost
[cut]