RE: Running Netscape Communicator

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Travis Cole wrote:

> Usualy you need to move a file called moz40p3 to your .netscape directory.  You

This should not be necessary and is somewhat of a kludge.
If MOZILLA_HOME is properly set it should find all the files
it needs. Remember though that if starting X with xdm, your
environment variables may not be known to your session. I
source my .bash_profile in my .xsession file. This solves
various path and environment variable problems for a number
of programs.

> should find it in the directory you installed Netscape in.
>
> But usulay if you do not have this file in the correct place it will also
> generate the error message when you start Netscape from an Xterm.
>
> You may wan't to look at the path entries in your .*rc files.  Possibly there
> is a path pointing to the moz40p3 file which is effecting the shell your
> fvwm95rc is calling Netscape from and not effecting the shell in your Xterms.
>
> Just some guesses.  Hope this helps
>

> On 29-Jul-97 Victor Torrico wrote:
> >

> >When starting Netscape Communicator 4.01 v6 from xterm, using the  "Netscape
> >&"
> >command, there are no error messages generated.  All works well including
> >encryption and decryption.
> >
> >When starting it using the "Netscape" button on the fvwm95 button bar an error
> >message appears and everything works well except for encryption and
> >decryption.
> >
> >The error message reads "No valid encryption policy file was found for this
> >English language version of Communicator.  All encryption and decryption will
> >be disabled."
> >

> >Pertinent excerpt from .fvwm2rc95 file follows immediately:
> >
> >-------------- [ snip ] -------------------------
> >*FvwmButtons(Title Netscape, Icon nscape.xpm, \
> >             Action 'Exec "Netscape" netscape -geometry 920x622+90+5 &')
> >-------------- [ snip ] -------------------------
> >
> >How can Communicator be started from the button bar without generating the
> >error message?
> >

> >Victor
> >

> >--
> >

> - -------------------------
> E-Mail: Travis Cole <tcole@iname.com> -- <tcole@methow.com>
> http://www.methow.com/~tcole -- Get my Public Key here
> Date: 29-Jul-97
> Time: 11:33:21
> 640Kb should be enough for anybody
>                 Bill Gates
> - -------------------------
>

> --

: W. Paul Mills          : Bill, I was there several years ago.     :
: Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A. : Why would I want to go back tomorrow?    :
: wpmills@midusa.net     : Where were you!                          :
: paulmills@bix.com      : Linux:     Tomorrow's operating system,  :
: paulmills@aol.com      :            here, today.                  :
: compuserve 70023,1750  : #define MY_TRUE_LOVE computer            :
:--------------  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  -------------: