Re: Setting up sendmail for uucp delivery.

Chris Brown <cbrown@seitz.com> wrote:

:      When sendmail installed on the server at the shop I told it to
: be able to use uucp but I don't see anything in the sendmail.cf that
: would allow this.  I figure that it should be simple to add a couple
: of lines to the sendmail.cf to take care of all this.

I have done what you want to do and it works great. If you have
your hosts talking UUCP already you are very close. You have to
add by hand a few lines to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and then run
sendmailconfig again.

Basically you have to add this lines in the custom configuration
section of sendmail.mc:

# Turn on UUCP mailer.
MAILER(uucp)dnl

FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')dnl

Then create /etc/mail/mailertable with something like this:

canaima.ven.ra.rockwell.com  uucp-dom:canaima

This makes sendmail to use the mailer "uucp-dom" with the UUCP host
"canaima" to deliver mail to the host canaima.ven.ra.rockwell.com.

When you have the file /etc/mail/mailertable in place, generate the
DB file with:

makemap hash /etc/mail/mailertable.db < /etc/mail/mailertable

Good luck.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris