Re: Debian-lite

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:

> 	I think would be a not good idea to have a OS been installed
> without graphics interface nowadays. The great appeal of the others OS is
> exactly their nice interface and trying to convince somebody, mainly a
> newbie, to change to a powerful OS, but w/o X is, at least, harder.
> 	XFree should be a default installation in Debian-Lite.

What I had in mind to do for the local distribution that I was going to
make was fvwm and a nice set of default menus. The default X install can
be made a little nicer than Debian because I would only give them one
choice .... X or no X with fvwm installed as the window manager if they
choose it.

George Bonser
Why is it that the same people that tell us that manned space flight
is a waste of money also tell us that we have been visited by aliens?