Re: HP printer and printcap (cont.)

G. Kapetanios writes:

>Thanks very much for your help. I am using  magicfilter and from what I
>heard in the list, people think it might be slightly better, it has worked
>for my bubblejet anyway. In the last few minutes I managed to print dvi
>files by using the dvihp command. However the most important thing for me
>is to print ps files. Does anyone know of a utility that turns ps files to
>pcl ?? It seems likely that the ljet4l-filter that comes with magicfilter
>is not dealing very well with any file type apart from test files for
>which it removes the staircase effect and now pcl files.
>
>Thanks
>George

You need ghostscript.  Get the Alladin version out of non-free as it
has the most up to date drivers.  It will convert ps files to about
any printer language out there.  There is even a driver for the hp
550(cdj550).  When you installed the magicfilter package it should
have asked you if you wanted to install the gs package as well.

Good luck,
Brian
--
Mechanical Engineering				    servis@purdue.edu