Re: Debian Installation Problem, PLEASE HELP!!!

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, David Stern wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Dec 1997 08:47:02 +0200, Liran Zvibel wrote:
> > 2) Although everything on the (optional) X11 section is installed
> > (checked twice.), the
> > file /usr/X11R6/bin/SuperProbe doesn't exists ("Installation and Getting
> > started" said it should be there), and maybe some other files I don't know
> > I need (BTW: no startx too).
>
> Sounds like you don't have X installed.  Did you install the XFree86
> package for your video card?

Hello again! Thanks for the quick respond!

I think X is installed since all the packages in the X11 section of
dselect are installed. My video card is Trident 8900 (yes, some people
still use it...) I didn't find it in any of the special servers so I
installed the _SVGA one. Isn't that enough? IN the configure section it
asked me whether I want _SVGA to be my server and I said I did, So I think
X is installed (I'm not sure though...).

Thanks again,

Bye,
Liran Zvibel.