Re: looking for a script to display current location in filesystem

-----Original Message-----
From: cs51wcs <sbend@washington.navy.mil>
To: 'debian-user@lists.debian.org' <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Thursday, December 11, 1997 9:53 AM
Subject: looking for a script to display current location in filesystem

Hi,
  I'm currently trying to figure a way to display where I am in the
filesystem like in dos, but am having  a hard time. Any assistance is
appreciated.

I am not 100% certain what you what but
To determine your current or present working directory enter --> pwd <CR>

To include your current working directory as part of your command line
prompt, I place the following in by .bash_profile,

BOLD() { tput smso ; }
BLINK() { tput blink ; }
OFF() { tput sgr0 ; }

NODENAME="`tput smso``tput blink`[`hostname`]`tput sgr0`"
PS1='${NODENAME}${PWD}>'
PS2='${PWD}>'

Therefore everytime I change directories by prompt changes accordingly.

Peter