Re: Perl 5.004.04-2 causes core dumps...

Hi

>> BTW, the version of PERL I'm trying to install is 5.004.04-2.
>>
>There is a perl 5.004.04-3 at
>ftp://llug.sep.bnl.gov/pub/debian/Incoming/DONE/
>
>Maybe it will solve your problems.
>
>Ciao,
>       Martin

I lost some mail, so sorry if there has been a solution in the mean
time, but...

I have upgraded to 5.004.04-3, and the problem still persists!

as soon as I upgrade to a newer version of perl, adduser core dumps
immediatly, and dpkg-ftp core dumps right after it says:

connectiong to ftp.debian.org

I downgrade to 5.003.something that came with debian 1.3, and
everything works again, besides I get moaned at in dselect....

any ideas?  This is driving my quite insane.....

Cheers
Neilen

E-Mail: Neilen Marais <brick@cryogen.com>
Date: 16-Dec-97