Re: bootable Debian 1.3.1 CD

Well, I am sure you can build your own.. but why bother. Go spend 9
bucks, and buy the CD SuperPack at Linux System Labs. I am not affilated
with them in any way, other than being a satisfied customer. If you
purchase the cd pack, you get 7 cds.

1) SlackWare 3.4
2) Red Hat (vr 5 I believe)
3) Debian BINARY 1.3.1 cd
4) Debian SRC 1.3.1 cd
5-7) 3 pack of the Sunsite archieves.

Their web site also said somehting about packaging Caldra OpenLinux Lite
for a while.. so if yer quick.. you would probably get that as well.

Or you can buy just the Debian distro... which is a two cd set, one bin
one src.

Every time I gotta install on a new machine, I just put in the Debian
BIN cd... select boot CDROM, C .. and boom... automatically install when
I save the cmos settings.

You can get the CD Super Pack for $9 bucks at:
	http://www.lsl.com/catalog/packages.html

You can get the Debian 2 CD set for $4 bucks at:
	http://www.lsl.com/catalog/software/debian-1.3/.

Saves LOADS of time and hastle when having to rawrite the disks, switch
all the disks in and out, and go running for packages with dselect. (On
the base ssytem. ... you will wanna upgrade the kernel and other
packages PDQ for things like teardrop etc.)

Christian Hagemeier wrote:

> Hi!
>
> My motherboard supports the feature to boot from a CD-ROM. I read that I
> can install Debian this way. But how do i create such a CD? Or is the
> "Official CD" such a bootable CD?
>
> Chris
>
> --

Dana M. Epp

Director
NetMaster Networking Solutions, Inc.
eppdm@netmaster.ca
http://www.netmaster.ca

" Connecting networks to the Internet..."