Re: bootable Debian 1.3.1 CD

Frank Barknecht <barknech@ph-cip.uni-koeln.de> writes:

> Christian Hagemeier hat gesagt: // Christian Hagemeier wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >

> > My motherboard supports the feature to boot from a CD-ROM. I read
> > that I can install Debian this way. But how do i create such a CD?
> > Or is the "Official CD" such a bootable CD?
> >

> > Chris
> >
> Debian-CDs are bootable, at least the official ones. If you are
> using the CD from Lehmanns-Bookstore: this one is!

Does anybody has an Adaptec AHA 2940 and was able to boot from this
(or any other) CD.  I have BIOS-Version 1.21 and the ldlinux.sys died
while booting from CD.  Do I need a BIOS update (I couldn't find
anything newer than 1.21 yet) or is there any other way to
successfully boot from CD-ROM.

The host adapter recognize the CD as bootable, seems to do some
swaping of floppy disk and cdrom and load the ldlinux.sys code.  This
code fails gracefully without any further message.

Similiar happens with the FreeBSD CD-ROM's from Walnut Creek.
Depending on the version the only thing I can see is a | or an \
(the | / - \ rotating sequence).

        Torsten

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
                                            Fortune Cookie