setting up pcmcia - hostname(none)- problem

Hi,

There has been a great amount of progress since I have tried to
configure my pcmcia card (3c562) thanks to great help I received from
people on this list. Thanks !
However, there is still a problem. I get the following errors at boot
time:

> > hostname: can't open '(null)'
> > SIOCSIFADDR: no such device
> > SIOCSIFNETMASK: no such device
> > SIOCSIFBRADDR: no such device
> > SIOCADDRT: network unreachable

/etc/hosts is OK, /etc/pcmcia/network.opts too. No error messages in
/var/adm/messages, except maybe the following indication :

Linux PCMCIA Card Services 2.9.12
Kernel build: 2.0.32 unknown
etc. etc.   (no errors)
eth0:  3com 3c562, .............. irq, base address, etc....

Regards,
marc