Re: wanted packages

Oliver Elphick writes:

> "Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella" wrote:
>>
>> Is there any address where we can send our "wishes" to debian packages
>> we would like to see created? Is there any address to consult for
>> programs that can't (for any reason) have a .deb package?
>>
>> For instance, I would like to have .debs of...

> Don't forget to look at hamm (unstable) and at the non-us mirror sites,
> before you conclude that a package does not exist.

> I know there are hylafax packages in unstable, and the ssl stuff will
> have to be on the non-us site.

Some of you have told me the absolute same thing about
hylafax... and... yes, you're right: hylafax was added after my last
download of Contents-i386 (about a month old), so I did not have it
listed. I made a new download, and there it is.

As for ssl and apache-ssl, I downloaded the Contents-i386 from
germany, and found nothing.

Am I missing something? Is it present, but not listed? How am I
supposed to know about the packages that do not exist in the US
mirror?

I think that the ideal would be to have the "Packages" section of the
www pages a subsection called "non-us" or something, where this
packages would be listed...

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com