can't access /dev/fd0

Hi,

	Yesterday I was surprised with a new problem. When trying to
access the floppy (I always did it), with mdir as well as with mount, I
got the following message from dmesg:

floppy0: Unable to allocate DMA memory

	With little knowledge about this problem, I did an rmmod in some
modules not being used at the moment and got the floppy accessible again.
	Today the problem was back, and there isn't modules to rmmod now!
	What can be done to solve it?
	Shouldn't the kernel be smart enough to preserve some memory
to DMA (I guess my IDE can't address memory above 16Mb)?
	I'm using almost stable (bo) version:

kernel 2.0.30, with ip_masq, three 3Com590 NIC cards, 32Mb RAM, Adaptec
1542 (ISA), 2.1GB SCSI HD, 1.44Mb 3.5in floppy, Atapi IDE CDROM.

	Thanks,

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21