Installing Debian 1.3 on AHA-2940

I tried it in two different ways, and I didn't manage to do it.

The first: Booting from cdrom or rescue floppy. It died during the
scsi initialization, right after the md driver.

The second : I borrowed a zImage, made by Slackware, specifically for
AHA 2940, and I started with loadlin------>
loadlin zImage root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin

The preinstall script runs fine , when I choose install Op. System
kernel and Modules I get an error message:

Installing from rescue floppy
./install.sh: Can't open ./install.sh
/dev/loop0: No such device.

Then it takes me back to the menu...