Mail setup and configuration

I have successfully upgraded (I think) from Bo to Hamm.  Thanks to all who offered advice and helped me along the way.

I now want to configure my system for mail, so I can quit using windows for that utility.  I have sendmail, fetchmail, procmail, mail, and mailx on my system.  I have a local network consisting of a W95 machine and my Linux box, using ip-masquerading to allow the W95 machine onto the net.

My local domain is mydomain.  My linux box is p90, and the W95 is p75.  My isp is icon.net.  I can get mail out, but I don't think I'm properly configured.  Can anyone offer detailed setup assistance, or point me toward it?

Also, I have mail in /var/spool/mail/<user> .  The system tells me it's there, but when I type 'mail' or 'mailx', it gives me the headers, but when I then type p to print the message, it tells me the messages are saved.  It won't let me see them.  I have looked at them by using 'less /var/spool/mail/<user>' where user is the username, and I can see that they are not empty messages.  Can anyone offer some help?

Thanks for any assistance.

	Russ
russcook@icon.net