Re: dpkg --help | less

  IW> On my system the dpkg --help seems to come out on the wrong console. For
  IW> instance if I do a dpkg --help | less then less doesn't seem to come into
  IW> the picture at all.

  To check this out I did dpkg --help 2> dpkg.txt and all the help came

  IW> out in the file.

  IW> Is this correct behaviour or am I missing something? AFAICT all the
  IW> other packages I have done a | less on to get the help have worked as I
  IW> expected.

Dpkg --help prints on stderr, not on stdout as most others do. This is not an
expected behavior, and a bug is already filed.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com