Re: kcore

I have heard it said that unix works entirely on files.  It always baffled
me to hear that, being a hardware engineer, and writing mostly in low level
assemblers.  Now I think I understand what what meant, and that all tasks
are created as a 'file' and are acted on accordingly, hence the /dev
directory and the /proc directory.  Am I correct in assuming this ?