Re: Offtopic:TXPro-II shared mem chipset/video ???

On 23 Feb 98 at 9:56,  Oleg Krivosheev <kriol@FNAL.GOV>
 wrote:

> I've got quote for so-called shared
> mem chipset with SVGA on board -
> TXPro-II. With Cyrix 200MMX it should fit
> nicely into the budget.
>
> the $1M question is - does this staff supported
> by Linux? Does X work ?

According to a tech I know at a major manufacturer the $1M question for
most customers is if Windows 95 even supports it.

The answer seems to be: "Sorta', sometimes, at least until you install a
DOS based game." It's bleeding edge technology.

Richard B. Talley <olny@nmia.com>

"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a Web page appears to
be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when you had very little chance of reading
a document written on another computer, another word processor, or another network."
-Tim Berners-Lee in Technology Review, July 1996
quoted at 'Best Viewed With Any Browser' http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/