Windows Registry Editor for Linux

There was a thread a week or 2 ago where someone asked if there
was a registry editor for linux. In that thread I said that I did
not know of one but had a file whioch described the registry
(written by someone outside of M$ who spent a few sleepless nights
reverse engineering it)

The next few days after that post I recived numerous responses asking me for
the file. I had it at work ..and it was over a long weekend...so I don't
think I sent it to everyone who asked for it.

Since I am not sure who I gave it to ....and it is too long to post here...
I placed it in my public_html dir on my ISP...so...
for anyone who wants it point a browser at http://www.gis.net/~sjc/winreg.txt
it is not linked from the web page there at all..I just placed it there now

I will be removing this file at some point (lets say I will leave it there at
least until monday...no gaurantees beyond that...but it may be there longer)

I would like to see someone write a Windows Registry editor for linux (I think
it would be cool...not terribly usefull but cool...hmm a linux emergency
boot disk with a windows reg editor??)

I don't know if there is actually enough info in the file to do it...but there
is allot of info (on the Win3.1, win95 AND WinNT registry)

as a side note...
wine actually works well enough to use regedit for win95

-Steve