Quake Sound Problem (was:Re: Quake Segfaults)

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, Shaleh wrote:

> The ldconfig was needed do to a bug in the next to the last release of
> the svga lib package.

I am sorry, I dont understand, what do you mean here?

>  The maintainer helped w/ that one.  I have no
> problems w/ sound.  Is the permission on the audio devices ok and does
> sound work elsewhere?

crw-rw----   1 root     audio     14,   4 May 28  1997 /dev/audio
crw-rw----   1 root     audio     14,   3 Jan  8 20:37 /dev/dsp

Sound works fine in non-svgalib situations, like bplay and playaudio.
I dont have any other svgalib apps though.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)