Re: CD-rom and Zip-drive

Marc van der Vossen wrote:

> >Try this when dselect asks you.
> Works, just got to figure out how this CD was made. It says it hasn't a good
> structure and asks me to enter the paths.

	Not good.  All the Deb CD's I've bought have maintained the proper
structure (like ftp.debian.org).  Remember, dselect is looking for the
"Packages(.gz)" file.  You may have to explicitly give it the full path for
these files.

> Just a few more q's:
> 1. As i mentioned I have an IDE zip-drive, it is recognized as a IDE floppy
> drive, but it looks like a driver is missing or something, because it does
> not want to read it. It says it doesn't have a msdos-file format, which it
> does.
>
> 2. Same message on HDA3, where some linux packages are located. Here's my
> partitioning on the 3,2 GB HD
> HDA1: Boot 120 MB
> HDA2: Root 1 GB
> HDA3: msdos-type (for now) with mail, packages and stuff like that.
> Is the problem that HDA3 starts after 540 (or something around that) MB ?
> >
> >Ciao,
> > Martin
> >
> Thanks,
>
> Marc
> marc@vdvossen.cistron.nl

	This might be a problem with FAT support.  Is your kernel compiled with
FAT32 support?  Is /dev/hda3 formatted as FAT32, or "normal" FAT16?

--
Ed