Re: lyx Bus Error...hardware? -Reply

On Mon, Jun 08, 1998 at 11:40:37AM -0500, Gregory Dickinson wrote:
> Yes, it sounds very much like the drive is toasted.  Which one, however, I'll leave
> to you to figure out :-)  (look in the /etc/fstab to check the mount points, etc. to
> see exactly which drive is being referneced.)

Ahh goodie....
well there is really only one drive it could be...
/dev/hda ...
/dev/hdb has only 2 partitions...one is mounted as /mnt/cdi and is about 700 MB
and is used for storing CD images...the other is /dev/hdb2
and is mounted as /usr/local ( I moved /usr/src into there and sym linked it
to save more space also)

I think this is the one...sigh...maybe if I bring it to the warehouse I can
get it upgraded to a pentium...
guess I will smbmount my NT home drive (if the sys admins had
any7 idea that I knew how to do that they would shit...)
and backup some of my more importnat data

-Steve