Re: Debian and Afterstep1.4.5.3-1

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Rev. Joseph Carter wrote:

> 1.4.x doesn't use .steprc, look in /usr/share for the things that go in
> ~/GNUstep/Library/Afterstep I think.  And good luck configuring that mess.
> I've given up.

Join the club!  I successfully configured 1.4 to function like my old
.steprc, however I recently upgraded again, which changed the
configuration even more.  Reconfiguring again, the wharf many times
won't show up (sometimes restarting fixes it)... which leads me to
find a new Windows Manager.  I know many others are as frustrated as
I,... what are people switching to?  Any recommendations for a fast,
slick, and easily configurable wm?

Thanks,
Dennis
--
Dennis Kelly <dpk@egr.msu.edu>             |  phone: 353.4844
Network Admin, College of Engineering, MSU |  pager: 222.5875