Re: Holy Water in my system? Daemons keep dying . . .

On 15 Jun 1998, Hannu Koivisto wrote:

> "Richard E. Hawkins Esq." <hawk@eyry.econ.iastate.edu> writes:
>
> | lpd tends to die within a day or so, and pland dies within minutes, announcing
> | (incorrectly) an application logout.
>
> I'm not using pland but I get exactly the same behaviour with
> lpd on our production system. If you find a solution for this,
> I'd appreciate if you could notify me too (I do follow this
> list, but just in case you find it yourself or someone mails
> privately...)
>
> My system information:
>
> lpr 5.9-26

Fixed:
ii  lpr             5.9-27         BSD lpr/lpd line printer spooling system

Or, just put a 2 second sleep between the kill and start in the
/etc/init.d/lpd restart section.

HTH,
Brandon

                                    --+--
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> | Debian Testing Group Status
PGP Key:   finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu |  http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/
    Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)