Re: Debian 1.31 (bo) preferred method of login for ppp connection

I ppp'ed for a year on bo's ppp.  The ISP I worked for originally did
the same "login: password:" routine, now we use PAP.  It DOES and CAN
work.  Please let's start at the beginning and see if we can fix this.
For starters, try dpkg --purge'ing ppp and then re-installing it.  This
way you get the original setup files.  Then start over.  I would be glad
to help if you want to contact me on the side.  Also, look through the
FAQ-o-matic at www.debian.org/cgi-bin/fom (I think that is the right
URL).  There is an extensive PPP section and if the answer is not there,
let me know and I will add it.