Netscape mail settings

Thanks to all who have helped me thusfar:

A few questions about netscape's settings:

1.    I can send mail, using debian.greenville.edu as my "outgoing mail
(SMTP) server" (debian is the host name for my debian system), and
others receive it fine.  However, when I try to receive mail using the
same server name, I get the message "Netscape's network connection was
refused by the server:  debian.greenville.edu"

There are 3 server types to choose from in the mail settings,
    1.    Pop 3 (default)
    2.    Movemail application
    3.    IMAP 4
I am using Pop 3, the default.  Is this correct?  Is there anything I
need to do to my debian box to get pop3 services running?  Anything else
I need to configure?

2.    All of my icons in netscape are black and white.  Is this normal?
I've seen versions for FreeBSD that are in full color.  Am I doing
something wrong?

3.    The only way for me to run netscape is by typing in the full path
in xterm:  /usr/local/netscape/netscape.  I'm running afterstep, and
cannot get any of the graphical shortcuts to work for it, either via the
debian-apps-net menu, or through the built in button that came with
afterstep.  Can someone help me configure theses paths to point to the
correct netscape location?

Thanks in advance for all of your expertise!

Brian Morgan