crypt problems

Greetings, all!

	A few years ago I downloaded a package called Circlemud from the net and
(after much playing around with signal handling routines) got it up and
running on a SCO system.

	A bit more recently, (couple of weeks ago) I again downloaded Circlemud and
successfully compiled it on a bo system (with no errors whatsoever).

	Now, after upgrading to hamm (read that: reinitializing the hd and
installing hamm from scratch), attempts to compile Circlemud fail with
errors about undefined references to crypt function.

	My question: what has changed, and what do I need to do to work around it?
(I've fiddled with C a bit, but am definitely not a C programmer!)

	Thanks in advance!
	Mike Merten (ironfoot@worldnetla.net)