RE: changing module parameters

Oops -- the info on modules to be loaded was in /etc/modules -- but no info
on the parameters being passed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hank Fay [mailto:fayhj@mediaone.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 1998 1:36 AM
To: Debian-User (E-mail)
Subject: changing module parameters

The Debian install (from floppies; CD is in the mail, couldn't wait <g>)
went smoothly; a lot more smoothly than RedHat.  The only hitch was that the
ethernet was not installed correctly until the second try, and the first
try's settings were stuck in some file (Running... says look for an .RC
file, but none I can find has the settings in it), which I can't find.  I
know the correct settings, but would appreciate being pointed toward the
file.

I guess I could do it at the boot: prompt, but I'd really like to find the
file and change it once and for-all.  I know the module (ne) and can see it
listed in lilo.conf, but can't find where the settings are stored.

The grand scheme of things is to FTP the rest of the stuff; this being an
interesting way to create a cable-modem IP Masquerade/Diald (1-way cable
modem, requires regular modem in addition) box for the network, which will
eventually FTP through _it_. <s>

Compliments to the folks who wrote the setup.  The network setup, in
particular, is much clearer than RedHat 5.1.  Also the installation of
modules, and explanation of parameters, is much clearer (in fact, in the
case of MCD and MCDX, clearer than the docs in the modules section of the
installation doc at Sunsite).

TIA,

Hank Fay