Re: Postgres, php question

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 1998 at 07:51:19AM -0400, Paul McDermott wrote:
> > hello my debian user friends,  I've installed Postgres.deb, php3.deb,
> > apache.deb and www-pgsql from the slink area. I've done the postgres
> > tutorial and it was great.  Now i want to start on makeing a web interface
> > for a database i put together.  I read through the documentation, but i am
> > confused.  Is there a tutorial for the php3 program?  If so where can i

Sorry, I missed the original posting. If you want to use php3 with
postgres, you need the php3-pgsql package too, and you dont need
www-pgsql. There are some examples for php in /usr/doc/php3/examples
and there is lots of documentation in the php3-doc package. Read
README.Debian too, it explains you how to use the postgresql functions in
php3 scripts.

Greg (php3 maintainer)

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org